I V Evaporative Cooling System - IVECS







DETAILS

Tactical Medical Solutions I.V. Evaporative Cooling System 
(IVECS)
NSN: 6515-01-530-7024



SUMMARY

The I.V. Evaporative cooling system (IVECS) was developed by Tactical Medical Solutions to prevent I.V. fluids from reaching excessively hot and potentially dangerous temperatures.The I.V. Evaporative cooling system (IVECS) was developed by Tactical Medical Solutions to prevent I.V. fluids from reaching excessively hot and potentially dangerous temperatures. Studies have shown that excessively hot I.V. fluids can cause tissue damage and hemolysis. Hot fluids are also counterproductive when treating heat casualties. When operating in a desert or any low humidity, hot environment, this becomes a very serious concern. Recent tests have shown that the IVECS can maintain fluids at safe temperatures for up to 18 hours in extreme heat without any additional cooling assistance or power supply. The IVECS provides a cost effective, reusable, and simple means of increasing the quality of patient care in a pre-hospital or combat environment. 





Click on thumbnail for full-size photo

       


   






No comments:

Post a Comment