U.S. Army Tin Cup 1874-Pattern

U.S. Army Tin Cup, 1874-Pattern 


Thanks to : walterbudd-militarygoods , 
http://history.army.mil/



The Infantry Equipment Board of 1874 recommended that the tinned iron cup be furnished by
the Ordnance Department and issued the same as other ordnance-stores. The cup was made of tinned iron with a rolled edge and a handle with rolled edges riveted over the back seam. The distinctive feature of the cup over earlier patterns is the U.S. embossed on the top of the handle. This cup would continue in use until the beginning of World War I.












2 comments:

  1. I'm looking for a coffee cup to complete my equipment on my old cavalry saddle, if you have one for sale , please let me know how much you would take for it , shipping included , thanks in advance....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your Comment , but these days only plastics unfortunally , Mike

      Delete